Can someone please tell me why weekends go by so quickly? It's like I blink and BOOM, it's 4:20 on Monday morning and I'm getting up and getting ready for the day.
On the bright side this is my very last week of basketball and I could not be more excited. No more 4:20 wake up calls for me and no more late night games. WOO HOO!
My weekend was actually pretty great. I had some relaxing times and some fun times! But before I get to the goods I just want to say thank you for the sweet comments from Friday's post. I really appreciate all the kind words and no worries, I have NOT let what happen get to me at all. :)
Alrighty, here were the highlights from my weekend:
-This picture about sums up my night. And it was perfect.
- Very lazy morning with a cup of coffee and Throne of Glass. Which I've already finished by the way. Yeah I tore through that book, it was that good. I cannot wait to get my hands on the second one. Which will be today!
- After an equally lazy afternoon I finally showered and got ready to meet my college bestie Ashtyn and her family for dinner.
A good hair day called for a selfie!
- Saw a high school production of one of my favorite musicals, Meet Me in St. Louis! Ashtyn is the assistant dance director at her high school and she choreographed all the dance numbers. The entire production was AMAZING. Their orchestra performed all the music live (which I think impressed me the most!), all the actors sang (the best being the girl who played Esther), the costumes were perfect, as were the props and scenery. I was very impressed!
- Usual morning cleaning spree.
- Target run. Obviously.
- Saw Pride, Prejudice and Zombies. Surprisingly I really liked it. I haven't read the book but they did an excellent job plastering it all over TV because after seeing the trailer about a thousand times I decided I wanted to see it. Plus, I'm a big fan of Lily James right now (thank you Downton Abbey and War and Peace) so when I saw she was going to be playing Elizabeth Bennett that pretty much sold it for me.
It was funny, it gave me just the right amount of Pride and Prejudice story line and dialogue that I love, and they changed the storyline in just the right way to accommodate the zombies. Was it totally silly? Yes. But the comedic bits made it that much more enjoyable. Oh and I was big fan of the costumes too! Take me back to 1800s England please. I give it three and half stars!
- Had a baby announcement! One of my besties, Jordan (who blogs over at Former Kennedy) finally announced that she and her hubby are expecting! I've known since December but they made it Facebook official on Sunday morning. So excited for them and to be Aunt Kac for a third time. Look at their adorable picture announcement. Heart eye emoji times a thousand!
-Semi watched/listened to the Super Bowl. Mostly I blogged while my roommates boyfriend watched the game. But I did pay attention throughout the half time show and to some of the commercials. But that's about it. Maybe I'll be more interested when there is boy in my life who is interested. Then again maybe not! This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game though:
And that was my weekend. Over all I give it a solid A. And now it's off to tackle Monday. Here's to hoping the week flies by! :)
Linking up with Biana!